1946 Dominion Woollens Picnic

1946 Dominion Woollens Picnic

1946 Dominion Woollens Picnic At 6:00a.m. on August 23rd, 1946, the ‘banshie’ screamed out in Hespeler. The air horn on the Dominion Woollens & Worsted building was normally used to signal work starts, stop and breaks. This day, it was used to call the...

Northumberland, 1930

Originally built for the Charlottetown Steam Navigation Company for service between Pictou, Nova Scotia, and Charlottetown. The ship was sold to the Dominion Government in 1916 and entered service on Lake Ontario in 1920.

Built: 1891 by Wigham Richardson and Company Ltd., Newcastle-on-Tyne, England

End of Service:  June 2, 1949 (destroyed by fire)